Bits of History

home search
Image Title:
  Women in front of Easter Cross.

Click here for larger image

Caption:   Women in front of Easter Cross (1932). The original Easter Cross was made of wood and was first erected in the Emerald Hills area overlooking Redwood City in 1929. The land where the cross is located was owned by the Leonard and Holt Land Development Company, who deeded the property to the Redwood Ctiy Ministerial Union. The original cross was torn down in 1960 after it was vandalized, and a community restoration committee raised the funds for a new monument. A 73-foot concrete cross was installed and dedicated on Palm Sunday, 1962. The cross is lit during the Lenten and Christmas seasons.
Photo Date:   1932
  Redwood City Public Library

Churches -- Redwood City, CA

Subdivisions -- Redwood City, CA

Use the browser back button to return to the Search Results page.

home - about the photographs - alphabetic list of titles - alphabetic list of subjects - search
redwood city - san mateo - south san francisco