Bits of History

home search
Image Title:
  Aerial view of the Ideal Cement plant.

Click here for larger image

Caption:   Aerial view of the Ideal Cement plant (1966). In 1924, Pacific-Portland Cement Company built a cement plant at the entrance to Redwood Creek. Large deposits of oyster shells and silt, combined with the proximity to shipping facilities, made Redwood City an excellent location for the manufacturing of portland cement. Expansion of the plant took place in 1927, and Ideal Cement of Colorado merged with Pacific-Portland in 1952. The cement plant operated at the Port of Redwood City until 1971. This photograph was taken by Western Aerial Photos, Inc.
Photo Date:   1966
  Redwood City Public Library

Businesses -- Redwood City, CA

Cement Industry -- Redwood City, CA

Panoramas and Aerial Views -- Redwood City, CA

Use the browser back button to return to the Search Results page.

home - about the photographs - alphabetic list of titles - alphabetic list of subjects - search
redwood city - san mateo - south san francisco